Trump Plans To Exit And “Re-Negotiate” Paris Climate Agreement
Trump sparked an outcry when announcing it was a hoax. But what exactly is the theory behind the hoax? He claimed that he would withdraw from the 2015 Paris Climate agreement to fight climate change. He claimed the Paris agreement would undermine the U.S. economy, cost U.S. jobs, weaken American national sovereignty and put the country at a permanent disadvantage to the other countries of the world.
President Donald Trump proclaimed Thursday he was withdrawing the US from the Paris climate accord, a sweeping step that fulfills a campaign promise while acutely dampening global efforts to curb global warming.
“We want fair treatment,” Trump said. “We don’t want other countries and other leaders to laugh at us anymore.”
Republican U.S. congressional leaders backed Trump. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell applauded Trump “for dealing yet another significant blow to the Obama administration’s assault on domestic energy production and jobs.”
Donald Trump’s views on global warming have changed over the past seven years or so. Have they evolved or devolved?
His endorsement of a 2009 letter urging the U.S. government to invest in a “clean energy economy” and pass legislation addressing the “immediate challenge” of climate change, and, on the other, by his November 2012 tweet stating that “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.” (Contrary to rumor, Trump did not attempt to delete that tweet year after the fact.)
Why Global Warming is real.
- Rise in Sea Level: Sea level is rising in many areas of the world. This is partially attributed to the melting of ice caps and glaciers, but more to the changes in the gases contained within the sea. In the past decade, the global mean sea levels have doubled compared to the 20th-century trend of 1.6 mm per year. The global sea levels rose about 6.7 inches in the last century.
- A rise is a temperature: Last year, the hottest on record for the third year in a row, was about 1.1 degrees Celsius above the pre-industrial level, according to Nasa and the Met Office, boosted slightly by the natural El Nino effect. Svalbard in the Arctic has seen average winter temperatures rise by up to a staggering 11C compared to the average between 1961 and 1990.
- Increased C02 (Carbon Dioxide) levels: Carbon dioxide levels have indeed changed for various reasons, human and otherwise, just as they have throughout geologic time. Since the beginning of the industrial revolution, the CO2 content of the atmosphere has increased by about 120 part per million (ppm), most of which is likely due to human-caused CO2 emissions. The RATE of growth during this century has been about 0.55%/year.
Why Global Warming is a Hoax.
- Climate Models used are Proven to be Unreliable: The climate model calculations used to predict the effect of global warming have been proven to be flawed which means that the long-term predictions that they have been making are meaningless. Some scientists even argue that any increase in global temperatures could be a natural climate shift.
- There hasn’t been any global warming since 1997: Satellites sent to space have detected no change in global warming. The temperature of the planet has essentially been stagnant for 17 years. This isn’t a biased accusation either. Even the former Director of the Climate Research Unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia, Phil Jones, admits that it’s true. Since the planet was cooling from 1940-1975 and the upswing in temperature afterward only lasted 22 years, a 17-year pause is a big deal. It also begs an obvious question: How can we be experiencing global warming if there’s no actual “global warming?”
- Not Enough Historical Data Available: There is no shared consensus about global warming being real among scientists. Advocates also point towards the fact that a recent gathering of 31,000 scientists in the field of environmental science couldn’t reach a consensus on whether or not global warming is real. They believe that they don’t have long-term historical climate data or the data they have isn’t clear.
Think of the world on a global scale. Until other countries like China cut down on their negative emissions then the world will be a better place. However many scientists back the fact that global warming is a hoax. So just what do you think? Fake news or real news? In recent years, global warming has been the subject of a great deal of political controversy. As scientific knowledge has grown, this debate is moving away from whether humans are causing warming and toward questions of how best to respond.
Latest posts by Hafsah (see all)
- The Psychology Of Studying Effectively - June 17, 2017
- 4 Reasons Why Mental Health Awareness Has Skyrocketed - June 12, 2017
- Trump Withdraws US From Paris Climate Agreement With Plans To “Re-Negotiate” - June 2, 2017