Thank you for showing interest in contributing to The Global Millennial; I believe that the future of our planet lies in the hands of those daring enough to change it.
We, as bloggers, journalists, activists, or just anyone who wants to express their opinion on the world around us, have an amazing outlet in the internet that allows us to promote our ideas to thousands of people around the planet.
Before we go over my writing guidelines, I wanted to share with you a few reasons why writing for The Global Millennial is a mutually beneficial experience.
#1. I shine the spotlight on my guest bloggers
There’s nothing standing between the end of your post and your author bio. No opt-in forms, no sharing icons, no advertisements. Readers go from the last sentence of your guest post directly to your bio. In addition, a condensed version of your bio displays at the top of the sidebar on non-mobile devices.
I know what it feels like to pour your heart and soul into a guest post. I want people to know you wrote it, and I want them to be able to easily find your website, landing page, and social media profiles.
I want you to get the most out of this opportunity. That’s also why…
#2. I promote guest posts as if they were my own
As soon as your guest post is published, I will email it to my subscribers. A few days later, I’ll email it again to those who didn’t open the first one.
I’ll promote your post on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and Reddit. I’ll share it inside my private groups and communities.
And to ensure you can do the same…
#3. I coordinate with you
On some blogs, guest bloggers have no say as to when their post is published. Oftentimes, guest bloggers are taken by surprise. They’ll get back from a dentist appointment or hot dog eating contest only to discover their guest post had been abruptly published hours earlier without their knowledge.
That won’t happen at The Global Millennial
Once your post has made it through editing, you and I will go over available publication dates. I want your guest post to have its best possible chance to succeed. And to do that, we need to choose a date that makes sense for each of us.
Guest Post Guidelines
- E-mail me an article (or articles) that you want to submit. Make sure it is in the form of an attached word document.
- Guest posts must fit in under one of the categories on the website, which are: policy and society (politics), economics, environment, culture, or psychology.
- Articles can be as long as you want, please make them more than 500 words.
- Articles must have sourced information in the form of an in-line link. If you have attached images, make sure to note where you got the image from and provide brief captions for each image. This basically is to help with SEO and property rights.
- In your e-mail, attach a brief description of yourself, your affiliations, and/or your interests so that I can attach them to your author bio. If you have any website/social media links you would like me to attach, make sure to add them as well.
I am looking forward to working with you in the future!
All the best,
The Global Millennial